"Hello World" Project Not Working

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Hi, I came across your project today and have to say that the concept looks pretty awesome.

Unfortunately I seem to be having problems making even the Hello World example work.

I have tried two configurations:

1. Compiled using your csproj file into a library and linked it to a simple test program with the Hello World example code.  Everything compiles OK, but the code crashes on line 305 of GenerationServices.cs when calling:

// Finish the type.
Type generatedType = typeBuilder.CreateType();

The exception info is:

Type 'IDataModel_Proxy_' from assembly 'IOG.RuntimeProxy, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is attempting to implement an inaccessible interface.

2. I included all the .cs files into a Mono for Android project.  Unfortunately, Mono for Android does not seem to support the Properties.Settings code that is included in IOG.  I coded up a quick class to replace the Properties.Settings with property accessors that return the same default values.  After deleting a couple of other files that were causing compilation problems, I was able to get everything to compile.

At runtime, however, the ws.Commit() call failed.  Deep down, there is an exception in the MoveNextInternal() method.  The enumerator threw an InvalidOperationException.  The Current member was not valid.

It may have something to do with the fact that it has no parents (it is the root).

My actual goal is to use IOG in the Mono for Android & Mono Touch (iOS) environments.  I only tried the Windows build to see if I had caused any problems in the few changes I made to get it to compile on Mono for Android.

Do you have any idea why the above two crashes are occuring?

I would be happy to work with you testing any changes that might be necessary to make IOG work on Mono for Android and Mono Touch.

Thank you!

Ken Carpenter

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Any idea on this?

Thanks,

Ken

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Hi Ken,

First of all sorry for the late reply.

1. Regarding the problem with Hello World example I'm not really sure what the problem is. I have tried it myself and it worked with no problems. Maybe you can send me the code of the project and I can take a look. My e-mail address is: brus@execom.eu.

2. Regarding the use of IOG in mono projects. This is in fact second implementation of IOG. I was not working on the first implementation, but I know that there were some changes needed on the IOG. If I'm correct the problem was with windows specific parts used in IOG implementation. When that was sorted out IOG worked in Mono project and everything looked OK. Maybe you can send mono project that you have created and I will take a look.

Best regards,

Branislav

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Hi Branislav,

Thanks for replying.  Since I couldn't make IOG work quickly enough, I wasn't able to use it in the first version of this project, but I may be able to use it in the second version later this year (Nov/Dec time frame).

I'll definitely keep an eye on IOG though as it seems just like what I want.

Thanks,

Ken Carpenter

On July 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM branislavrus <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Ken,

First of all sorry for the late reply.

1. Regarding the problem with Hello World example I'm not really sure what the problem is. I have tried it myself and it worked with no problems. Maybe you can send me the code of the project and I can take a look. My e-mail address is: brus@execom.eu.

2. Regarding the use of IOG in mono projects. This is in fact second implementation of IOG. I was not working on the first implementation, but I know that there were some changes needed on the IOG. If I'm correct the problem was with windows specific parts used in IOG implementation. When that was sorted out IOG worked in Mono project and everything looked OK. Maybe you can send mono project that you have created and I will take a look.

Best regards,

Branislav

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Hi Ken,

I'm glad that you are thinking about using IOG in project you are working on.

If you have any questions or if you need any help please let me know.

Best regards,

Branislav

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Ken'

Here is a database compatible with MonoDroid:
http://www.kellermansoftware.com/p-43-ninja-net-database-pro.aspx